Seth Godin, the world-renowned marketing and leadership author inspires us on how to get our ideas spread when mass marketing and traditional advertising have moved to the past.
• Mass marketing and traditional advertising don’t work anymore.
• Everyone is a click away, which means that both opportunities, but also competition, are increasing.
• “People like us (do things like this)” – the job of the marketer is to find the people like us and determine what do things like this really mean.
• The winners will be those who can find the right niche and lead them.
Questions to consider:
• What is the niche customer segment your product or service is for?
• How can you reach and lead that group?
• How can you make your customers feel that you see and hear them?
You can also find a written summary of the keynote at https://www.nbforum.com/event-summaries/
Seth Godin is the author of 19 books that have been bestsellers around the world and have been translated into more than 35 languages. He’s also the founder of the altMBA and The Marketing Seminar, online workshops that have transformed the work of thousands of people.
He writes about the post-industrial revolution, the way ideas spread, marketing, quitting, leadership, and most of all, changing everything. You might be familiar with his books Linchpin, Tribes, The Dip, and Purple Cow. His latest book, This Is Marketing, was an instant bestseller around the world.
In addition to his writing and speaking, Seth has founded several companies, including Yoyodyne and Squidoo. His blog (which you can find by typing “Seth” into Google) is one of the most popular in the world.
In 2018, he was inducted into the Marketing Hall of Fame. More than 10,000 people have taken his powerful workshops, including altMBA and The Marketing Seminar.